Stretch Mark Removal Treatment
Stretch marks are actually scars that appear as depressed streaks in the skin, which are often pink, reddish or purplish. They are most often present on the breasts, upper arms, thighs, buttocks and stomach. They are more common in pregnant women, or those who experience rapid weight gain. Stretch marks are parallel bands of marks left after rapid stretching or scarring of the skin.
Where do Stretch Marks occur?
- Stretch marks most commonly occur on the hips, thighs, buttocks, breasts and abdomen areas.
Symptoms of Stretch Marks
- Off coloured, purple or pink hue.
- Parallel lines/ bands of parallel lines on the skin.
- Minor indentations that can be felt when touched.
- Sore of itchy areas on the skin with visible stretch marks.
Causes of Stretch Marks
- Sudden Weight Gain or Weight Loss
- Hormonal Changes
- Rapid Growth in the body
- Body Building
- Medication side effect
Treatment of Stretch Marks
- Fractional CO2 laser Fractional CO2 laser helps reveal the skin that lies under areas affected by stretch marks by removing layers of affected skin tissue in a fractionated way.
- Dermabrasion Dermabrasion helps reduce stretch marks by sand blasting the skin with crystal flow to wear down the ridges formed by stretch marks.
- Topical medications with retinoids Topical medications with retinoids reduce the appearance of stretch marks by promoting production of collagen and elastin.