Nail Ridges Treatments
What are Nail Ridges?
Nail ridges are parallel lines seen along the length of the nail or from one side of the nail to the other.
Symptoms of Nail ridges
- The lines that run parallel to the nail length are common and become more prominent as we age.
- The lines that run from side to side can have dents, varying colours and surfaces.
Causes of Nail Ridges
- Ageing Nail ridges that run from the cuticle to the tip of the nail are common and become more pronounced with age.
- Vitamin deficiencies - Deficiency in vitamin B12, vitamin C, vitamin E, Calcium and Zinc can cause ridges.
- Poisoning Nail ridges can be cause by Arsenic Poisoning.
- Medication conditions medical conditions like diabetes, poor blood circulation, heart and lung conditions could cause nail ridges.
Treatment of Nail Ridges
- Nutrition A healthy diet is important for preventing nail ridges from re-appearing.
- Nail trimming and grooming - Maintain short and clean nails and avoid biting on them.
- Medication Oran medication may be prescribed including supplements.